Friday, October 31, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Let's see what I can do to at least give you a little update on what's been going on and what's been going through my head.
My weeks have been a little crowded. Monday nights is Life Group with the peeps from Blackhawk. Tuesday nights is stained glass class with Nicole. Wednesday night has been condo updating/moving night recently. Thursday night is working at Pier 1. Friday night has actually been open. Saturday night doesn't have anything regular going on but often gets filled up. Sunday is working at Pier 1 and worship at Blackhawk. Monday it starts all over again. I don't mean to complain about any of this, it's been fun, it just makes for some busy days - and nights.
I've promised condo redecorating pictures, so here they are! Some at least...
The whole process at my new "house" a "home" (that sounds so strange to say!) is still a work in progress, but it's getting there.
The Crossroads Community Church Women's Retreat was this weekend and was really good. I had a blast catching up with some of my girlfriends in Sheboygan, listened to a wonderful speaker, and am still processing a lot of the stuff she taught. That's one of the things that needs a little more thought before I go into it too much... but hopefully more to come.
While I was in Sheboygan, I also got to catch up with some other friends. Dinner (at Chili's of course - one of the best restaurants in town!) with Andy and Brandon and then just a lot of catching up with those guys. If you're reading this, thanks AD, it was much needed.
And one other thing I've been contemplating blogging about.... politics. Something I'm completely passionate about, but am a little tentative to start talking about on here. Just not sure how it will all go over (not that that is the point), and want to be able to accurately state what I think. For now, let's just leave it at this... I'm loving watching the 24 hour news coverage of the campaigns. I know it drives other people C-R-A-Z-Y, but I'm getting my "once every four years" fix of it right now and soaking it all up while I can! We'll see if I work up the courage to tell you what I think about all of it within the next week.
Enough of the random blogging for now. Hopefully there will be a more cohesive post in the very near future. Thanks for hanging in there with me if you're still reading.
And one last thing - a big hello to all the Sheboygan women who might be stopping by after either finding out about or being reminded of the blog! It was awesome to see you this weekend, catch up, laugh, and cry with you! I'll be back soon, and leave me a hello in the comments if you are here!
More later - K
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- Bedroom painted Rhythmic Blue - check!
- Master bathroom painted Ocean's Kiss - check!
- Kitchen painted Village Green - check!
- Living Room (all but the big green monster) and hallway painted White Stallion - check!
- Erin visiting this past weekend for a ton of help at the condo, some shopping and even more catching up - check! (So glad you came darlin'! I missed you and needed some girlfriend time! Can't wait until you're here for just some FUN rather than work!)
- Start new part time job at Pier 1 for a little extra cash and a sweet discount - check!
- Negotiate part time job for the spring with the accounting firm to prep taxes - check!
- Finish stained glass project from Tuesday night class - check! (The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but you'll see it again when it gets hung in my master bedroom.)
- Fight this nasty cold that came at just the wrong time - (waiting for the check on this one)
- Attend the Crossroads Women's Retreat this weekend at the Osthoff in Elkhart Lake - can't wait to check this one off!
Plenty more pictures to come - condo updates and retreat pictures early next week! Hope your week is going well!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Second bedroom - the yellow will be something different eventually.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Let's hope Nicole doesn't mind that I put her picture on the blog.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Thursday, October 02, 2008
It seems like life has gotten a little crazy in the last week or so with the news of the condo actually happening and everything that comes along with house buying. I'm keeping it short, but do ask for your prayers that everything goes smoothly with the remaining arrangements that have to fall into place to make things happen. Hopefully there will be house pictures and painting pictures coming your way soon - along with more updates about the everyday life stuff that's going on with me!