Thursday, October 05, 2006

Father knows best?

For as long as I can remember, my dad has wanted me to become an engineer. He's played the "You're so good at math" card, the "Don't you want to be like your dad?" card, and as often as possible, the "Look at the cool stuff engineers do!" card. I've gotten the emails with pictures of the ski hill in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I've driven through the Big Dig in Boston, and discussed how the Wisconsin Department of Transportation themself (Dad's employer) was working on the Marquette Interchange in Milwaukee.

I've gotten used to just ignoring the comments about my career choice, but I will admit the stuff he shows me that "engineers do" is normally pretty amazing. Especially this.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php

I've heard that there are no computer graphic or digital tricks in the commercial, and that everything you see really happened, in real time, exactly as you see it. It took 606 takes, $6 million, and 3 months to complete, but is pretty damn cool!

Almost makes me want to be an engineer dad!

No comments: