Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Last weekend was fabulous - the perfect summer weekend!

After a short Friday at work, I headed back to Madison. Friday night was uneventful, but Saturday started with a trip to the Farmer's Market on the square with Sabrina and Abby Jo. There's something about a little girl (an adorable 4 year old!) that just makes life that much better all by herself. But it got to be a long walk around the capitol, when "Tina" (me) had to carry her because she couldn't see or was too tired to walk. We did find some flowers and the obligitory cheese curds and bakery though.

Saturday evening my parents had a cookout, and I hung out with "the old people" as they call themselves. The 3 couples that were over are like my aunts and uncles in Madison, so it was a great chance to catch up with them. Not to mention it was a beautiful night to just sit out on the deck with a glass of wine!

On Sunday I went to the Brat Fest (the biggest brat festival there is - even though Sheboygan is the "brat capital" and claims to hold that event here). No records were broken this year, but 182,310 brats in 32 days isn't too bad.

There were a couple trips to the lake thrown into the weekend as well - broke out the jetskis with Matt and my dad. I'm still not brave enough to pull off the 360s and sharp turns, but it was a great time anyways - especially with the 90 degree weather!

A round of golf, a parade, and a sunburn (which has already become a tan!) finished off the much needed long weekend!

It's weekends like this that make coming back to Sheboygan so much harder. More on that in a different post though.

One final note. It's a sad day. It's the end of an era. It was Katie Couric's last day on The Today Show. She will be missed. CBS Evening News, you have a new viewer come September!
(Ok, the picture is of Matt Lauer, but close enough!)


I lied, one more final note. I've been told there may start to be a blog following... if you're out there reading, drop me a line with that little "Comments" option below!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like brats.

Anonymous said...

Trina!! Is that pic from OUR trip to NYC??? :) I hope all is well with you- Give me a call one of these days! xoxoxo- Meg