Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Some Random Thoughts

So I had one of those days today. The ones where nothing seems to go right, but you can't quite put your finger on what went wrong either. It's all those little things that add up, to push you (well, me, at least) over the edge. (Is it that Dorothy can't charge a customer correctly, or that Rick and Dorothy can't talk to each other, or that Steve changes his mind constantly, or that I work with 50 Excel files - all linked together, or maybe the corrugated metal shed with orange walls that I work in?) I can't help but think there has to be a better opportunity than going to work planning on and hoping for a good day, but regularly not getting that. I know it comes down to figuring out if it is my specific position, the company, or just plain accounting in general that is putting me in this funk routinely, but that's much easier said than done. I've always tossed around the idea of going back to school (which I so often hear is just the easy way out, and of course everyone wants to go back sometime) - which really isn't out of the picture by any means. There's these other job offers floating around as well. I'm starting to wonder if this indecision, and uncomfortable feeling about where I'm at will ever end.

No comments: