Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Couldn't be more disappointed...

...ok, I probably could be more disappointed, but this bit of news upset me tonight.

Did you know.... Ann M. Martin (of The Baby-Sitter's Club fame) herself did not in fact write all 213 volumes of the series? She estimates she only wrote 60 to 80 of them. Granted, the series was only around for 14 years, and writing them herself would require a pace of more than one a month. I suppose I've still been living in the world where Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia, and Stacey (on a side note, my favorite babysitter from my own childhood was named Stacey) met three times a week to talk about the kids they watched, solved mysteries while watching approximately 20 kids between them, went on vacation together (with all the kids they sat for), and I didn't do the math but instead hoped that this one woman was this prolific a writer and fabulous a storyteller.

Crushed, Ann M. Martin. Crushed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am crushed! i didn't know that!

Love you and miss you!
E