Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Doing Life

I've failed. I've become one of those people who starts something like this (with good intentions!) but never keeps it up. Ok, maybe I'm being a little hard on myself, but I know when I'm reading blogs, I hope for an update every couple of days... maybe a week isn't that bad though.

It's been a busy week, but mostly in a fun way. I've seen my Sheboygan girlfriends a lot, which has been great! We had a pretty cool girls night last Friday - complete with mango margaritas, a taco bar, and a lot of laughing, with a little crying thrown in. I'm definitely learning what the whole "Doing Life Together" concept means. I've been able to help some friends through some tough relationship, and life disappointment problems. It has been a real lesson in learning to lean on other people, and letting them lean on me too! Sometimes (most of the time!) the crap in life is a lot easier to handle with awesome friends to wade through it with you. I've shared a lot of the good stuff in life, and even some of the bad, with quite a few people, but there are a select few who have been there, and continued to be there through the really tough stuff. Those friendships mean a lot more when people continue to ask how a rough situation is going, rather than offering advice once, and forgetting what's going on a few days later. I'm so thankful for the friends I have who know me inside and out, and are willing to take the good with the bad, and love me all the same. I thank God everyday for the relationships I've formed at Crossroads over the past few months, and what they've taught me about other friendships - helping me value some more, and others less. What a blessing!

On a little lighter, and more mundane note, I've also gotten a lot of time to scrapbook this weekend - a fairly new undertaking for me! I'm certainly feeling more creative these days! A few of those "layouts" (that's scrapbook lingo for pages) may show up on the blog sometime if I get a chance to scan them. All of this has led to a lot less sleep than normal, which is only made harder with it being the beginning of the month at work! Thank goodness for a Friday off - looking forward to that!

I hope this week has treated you well - you're in my prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry I've failed at life as well.