Saturday, April 01, 2006

Is it spring yet?


Plastic flip flops are the epitome of summertime, and so often bring back childhood memories. It's not likely that I wore them often as a child, however, given my mom's disdain for "that thing between her toes." Maybe that's why I've come to like them so much now, when I make my own footwear purchases. It's just that my pedicured feet look much too pretty to put inside shoes, and flip flops are so much more fun!

With that said, I can't wait for the sun to come out and warm up this Sheboygan air! Granted Wisconsin isn't the first place that comes to mind when thinking of fun summer places to go, I'm more than excited for it to be warm enough to spend a Saturday afternoon like today on the beach of Lake Michigan.


For now, it's time for me to do a little spring cleaning and cuddling up on the couch with a good book and blanket, starting to dream of those warm summer days that have to be coming soon!

No comments: