Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

What a great Easter weekend!

First, I couldn't have asked for a better time to have a long weekend - it was well overdue. I made it home Thursday night after a quick stop at Bushwood with Sue and Andy to hash over the Engines situation, and then quickly forget it when we remembered we had Friday off! It was fabulous to be able to sleep in on Friday. Lunch with Matt and Ty was great, followed by some shopping, and more brother time that night. I did a whole lot of nothing during the day Saturday (except for taking Rocky to the park for awhile), and then headed over to the Bett's for a little birthday partying for Kellie with my girls. It was a great time just hanging out with them, and kicking back around the fire with a glass of wine!


(No, the picture isn't from this weekend, but I did finally get a few pictures of all of us at Kellie's wedding last August - the first time all seven of us had been together in about 5 years!)


Easter Sunday was just the holiday I had hoped for (despite the rain). We went to early church - first time back at my Lutheran church in awhile, and then to a fabulous Easter brunch at the Concourse! Dad took us on the Tour de Madison after that - checking out the zoo and random neighborhoods downtown. It was one of those Sunday drives I hear my grandma talking about, but I don't think we've laughed that much as a family in a long time. By 1:00, all of us were at home, in sweats, and asleep on couches around the house! The perfect afternoon on a rainy day. Overall, it was a ton of family time, but without any of the fighting or annoyance that normally comes with that, and was just the weekend I needed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like that picture, what a fun time!!! It was also very nice to see you over Easter!!!