Sunday, December 06, 2009

Easy Christmas Makeover

Somehow, decorating for Christmas always becomes more of an ordeal than I originally think it will be.

As soon as I hung my huge ornament star (that I redid this summer to get replace the gold frame with silver) over my fireplace, I knew the three circle prints on the wall next to it would have to go.

But new artwork wasn't exactly in the budget. What's a girl to do?

With a few sheets of mat-board, some fun pink card stock, chipboard letters, silver glitter, and hot glue, and after glitter was spread all over my counters, table, and floor....

I came up with this. Glittered chipboard letters mounted on pink card stock mounted on white mat-board, which I hot glued to the glass of the original pictures.

About $15 and an hour later, I have some fun, easy, reuseable Christmas decorations.

And just because this sweet little cat is providing me some much needed comfort and cuddlin' lately, I thought she deserved a spot on the blog. Love you Lucy.


This post is linked to DIY Day at A Soft Place To Land. I haven't participated before, but have looked at and got ideas several times. For more DIY fun, check out all the cool stuff here!

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

You have entirely too much time on your hands...Very cute update!

Shannon said...

That turned out so nice! I love it! Thanks for sharing this idea!

Brook said...

Very cool!

I did a JOY project this week too. Unfortunately my PC crashed and I can't upload pictures on my husband's gaming computer. Oh well!

Jen said...

I love your ornament star! Did you make it yourself? If you did I wish you'd post a tutorial. =)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Looks like it was meant to be there all along - BRILLIANT!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

very pretty! love the pink and silver. :)
gail