Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've jumped...

...on the Golden Globe bandwagon.

Nicole and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire tonight. It's the 4th movie I've seen in the last three weeks (Valkyrie, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Doubt round out the list), and I have to say I think it was the best.

It was adorable, heartbreaking, intense, funny, and almost tear-inducing all at the same time. It's strange to think of Who Wants to be a Millionaire forming the basis of an award winning film, but it completely works. Apparently the movie hasn't been released in India yet. It'll be interesting to see the reaction to the film there. It shows the worst parts of the country (at least what I hope are the worst parts...), but also shows characters who are fairly happy in their situation, and is ultimately a story of love and promise and hope. And all of that because of a game show!

Definitely one to check out - It was worth the $8.75 (Can you believe that?!) to see it.

No comments: