Friday, January 09, 2009

Sort of embarrassed about this...

I got sucked into (no pun intended!.... Ok, maybe it was intended but I didn't want to admit it) reading Twilight. It's kind of hard for me to admit that I'm reading (and enjoying) a vampire love story. When I opened it on Christmas Eve, my 19 year old brother asked to look at it, and saw that my version of the book features an "Exclusive Poster Inside!" Matt (and most of you) will be happy to know that I have not hung the poster anywhere at home or at work. It remains securely inside the back of the book. But I have to say… the story is good. I have not, however, fallen madly in love with Edward the vampire.

I get it. He's gorgeous. And he adores Bella. And he does all those sweet things I dream of one day having a man do for me. But he's still a vampire! I don't know that I'd be able to get over that part of him. I understand it's this whole theme of looking past differences and accepting the baggage and crap that comes with everyone. Lord knows I have enough of my own. But having some kind of primal urge to kill me? I think I'd have a hard time getting past that one...

No comments: